The Saudi Society of Periodontology is a professional scientific society that was established following the approval of the Board of Trustees of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties, chaired by His Excellency the Minister of Health on Thursday, 16 Ramadan 1439H, corresponding to 31 May 2018.
To promote scientific and professional development of practitioners in the field of Periodontology, and community awareness of the importance of periodontal healthcare.
To be one of the leading specialized dental societies in the country by 2022
Areas of Specialization:
- Periodontal diseases and methods of their treatment.
- Pre-prosthetic reconstruction of the alveolar bone and periodontal tissues.
- Dental implantology and treatment of associated complications and peri-implant diseases.
- Treatment of esthetic defects related to tissues surrounding the teeth and dental implants.
The society objectives are consistent with the Saudi Vision 2030 as follows:
- To enrich scientific content and professional development with high quality continuous education programs.
- To support researchers in the society area of specialization through building strategic partnerships with academic institutions, research centers and the private sector.
- To improve general and oral public health by strengthening community service programs.
- To continuously review standards of practice of the society’s profession of specialization, and to adapt them to the best global, evidence-based practices